The coronavirus epidemic has led to an increase in the delivery time of parcels from all over the world. Almost all countries have introduced barriers to combat the spread of the disease. Limitations affected the borders’ throughput, significantly reducing the flow of goods and passengers.
Today we will talk about the features of working with a parcel delivery business Last-mile delivery solution and discuss issues of transportation and safety of items. You will also learn to grow your delivery business from the COVID-19. This information will help you maintain health and money by simplifying remote purchases.
How is Coronavirus Transmitted?
COVID-19 has a high propagation speed. The virus is a respiratory infection that enters the body through the mucous membrane.
The following actions can provoke infection:
- Visiting public places: Viruses settle on the door handles and handrails, go to the skin with unprotected contact. The risk of getting infected increases when you visit public transport, shops, banks.
- Interaction with an infected person: The virus can be transmitted by communicating with a sick person. The disease spreads through the biomaterial released by coughing, talking, and sneezing. Maintaining a safe distance from 1.5 meters will help reduce the likelihood of infection.
- Contact with personal items: The source of COVID-19 is clothing, bedding, work equipment belonging to the patient. In the case of forced contact with objects, it is important to use disinfecting solutions or wipes.
As per Route optimization for delivery tracking, we ensure, while on the street, we do not touch our eyes, nose, and mouth. Such gestures are permissible only after hand disinfection.
Challenges of last-mile delivery logistics business to overcome the situation:
WHO experts are working on the study of the virus. They conduct control tests, improve test systems, and test new vaccines. Particular attention is paid to preventive measures. Meanwhile, the courier dispatch software team is taking care of contactless delivery by using three types of compounds which are suitable for processing potentially hazardous surfaces.
- Chlorine-based disinfectants: Chlorine fluids effectively suppress 2019-nCoV. They are inexpensive and do not damage any surface. A great example of such a remedy is chlorhexidine.
- Alcohol mixtures: Alcohol-based solutions retain their functionality at low temperatures, and have a pronounced bactericidal effect. To achieve the best result, products with an active substance concentration of over 90% help.
- Essential oils: Natural antiseptics obtained from the bark of tea trees, lavender, or clove. Oils remain on the surface for a long time, forming a dense protective layer.
Employees of the World Health Organization conducted a series of experiments related to the remote sale of goods. Experts have found that the virus is not transmitted through remote purchases due to the limited lifespan outside the human body.
Measures Taken by Courier and Parcel Dispatch Software Team
Shipments from other countries, as a result of the coronavirus epidemic, last longer. Specialists identify three factors that increase the duration of transportation and help to do the delivery business in the times of coronavirus.
- Protective measures on the part of the implementer: Parcels from outside can be sanitized. Sellers spray goods with disinfectants, use special packaging materials. Protective measures are carried out at the request of the buyer and are paid separately.
- Control procedures: Parcels sent to other countries are subject to additional verification. Activities include sanitary control, as well as the study of supporting documentation.
- Closing borders: The pandemic has led to restrictions on air, sea, and rail links. The number of flights to trade destinations decreased several times.
To clarify how much time the goods will take to reach, you can contact the seller. The implementer will give an indicative date, guided by statistics.
How Best Delivery Route Planning Application Ensures not to Get Coronavirus?
The following actions will help protect yourself from infection:
- Regular washing and hand washing. Do not neglect the rules of personal hygiene. It is worth conducting water procedures after each exit to the street.
- Use of personal protective equipment. Masks and gloves have a protective function. They prevent contact of the skin and mucous membranes with infected substances and surfaces. Standard PPE is unsuitable for reusable use, disposed of after use.
- The use of disinfectants. Disinfectants will be of great help in the fight against COVID-19. With their help, it will be possible to secure goods. As disinfectants, you can use any means recommended by WHO.
- Reduce contact with people. During an epidemic, it is worth minimizing visits to crowded places. This applies to shops, government agencies, entertainment venues. It is strongly recommended that we do not travel by public transport.
The presence of suspected coronavirus infection is a reason to stay at home. Businesses, like Last Mile, can help you still deliver the goods you need to during these difficult times. It will also help eliminate the risk of complications and infection of third parties.
Latest posts by Noman (see all)
- Why Dispatch Tracking is Getting Incredibly Challenging - June 29, 2020