Your content marketing efforts don’t end when you publish the post and share it on social networks. To increase the reach of your content, boost its traffic, and prevent it from withering away, you need to optimize and promote it continuously.
One of the most effective ways to do so is to repurpose your older content. Here are a few tried and tested tactics to apply immediately.
Republish Posts on Multiple Platforms
There are many content promotion platforms like Medium, Growth Hackers, and Inbound that let you repost your articles to help get it noticed by wider audiences.
However, you need to use these channels strategically.
- Don’t republish a new article instantly. Give search engines enough time to index it and ensure it is visible in the search results. Once your blog post starts to gain traffic, social shares, and links, then use a content repurposing platform to boost its reach.
- If a user can read an entire article on Medium, why would they bother to visit your site? Therefore, instead of copying an entire article, include an introduction and a few paragraphs and then provide a link for a reader to click to read the rest.
- Research the editorial guidelines each content promotion platform provides. Learn more about their audiences and goals and, if needed, adapt your article accordingly.
- Don’t republish every piece of content you produce. Test the impact and performance of your blog posts and republish those that have the potential to boost your reach and traffic.
Turn Internal Research and User Testimonials into Case Studies
Today’s customers are extremely demanding when it comes to choosing brands and making purchasing decisions. Instead of listening to you shouting the statistics of why you’re better than the rest, they want to see how exactly you can help them.
This is where creating case studies come in. When written properly, case studies are free and detailed information on how your company can help a target customer. Ideally, a customer will relate to your company, understand its values, and see how it may help them, too.
So, if you’re creating client performance reports, gathering customer/client feedback or you receive loads of positive testimonials or reviews from your customers, why not use this data to create case studies?
If you’re working with an eminent client for a while, you can even compile different performance reports, insights, testimonials, and data you’ve gathered over time to show how you helped them achieve a certain goal. This is exactly what Elevate Digital, a Hong Kong SEO company, does with its “Case Studies” section. Each case study has an informative title and describes the methodology they used, the results, actionable statistics, and the quotes and data from the clients.
Transform a Blog Post into a SlideShare Presentation
Presentations have always been an effective way to educate readers, engage them, and build your industry authority. This is where, again, content repurposing can help. Simply put, you can take a blog post that has enough text and images and turn it into a presentation.
You want your SlideShare deck to be valuable. Always pick an article that is backed by statistics and research, and that educates your audiences. There are a few things to know when turning an article into a slide format.
- Select the main points of your article. For example, if you used informative headings in your article, you can use them as titles on slides.
- Format your presentations. Just because a certain font or text size looks good on your site doesn’t mean it will feel the same on your presentation. Always choose legible and visually appealing typography that makes the text easier to follow. The same goes for images you take from your blog posts, as they need to match the needs of the presentation.
Turn Multiple Articles into an Ebook
Creating ebooks is a powerful content marketing tactic for a few reasons. First, it boosts your industry authority. Second, it gains lots of word-of-mouth, shares, and backlinks. Most importantly, ebooks serve as a strong lead magnet, helping you expand your customer base.
However, just bundling your articles together is not enough. The idea is to create a comprehensive piece of content, where sections flow logically. Eliminate any repetitive parts, write some extra segues where needed, and create strong sections of the ebook to make sure that each section fits into the next. Of course, choose visuals to spruce things up.
A while ago, Zapier published one ebook every 90 days and they gained 10,000 new email subscribers and boosted downloads. They wrote a comprehensive guide on creating an ebook from your articles back in 2015. This may serve as a solid starting point for you when repurposing blog content.
To increase your lead generation efforts, you can offer your ebook for free on your website and promote it widely on social and email. Sure, you can always convert it to multiple formats, such as PDF, .epub, or .mobi.
Merge your Blog Content into an Online Course
Online courses have gained momentum over the past few years for a simple reason – they provide immense value to a user and, at the same time, grow brands’ authority and build your email list.
However, building your online course from scratch is extremely complex and time-consuming.
Good thing is that you can use your existing blog content to create an online course.
To do so, you will first need to strengthen your content production efforts and create in-depth articles and guides. Each blog post you create needs to be well-researched, packed with the latest data, and offer practical tips and insights for users to follow. Only such posts are valuable enough to be used as a strong online material.
There are many platforms that will help you host your course and some of them are Teachable, Open Learning, Teachery, etc.
When the online course is live, you need to promote it widely via email, social networks, and on your blog.
Convert Videos and Podcasts into Blog Posts
So, you’ve created an awesome video or a podcast episode. What’s next? Well, you can always use this material to create a blog post. Namely, you can use a full transcription or certain details from your videos and podcasts as the basis for your new blog post.
There are many online transcription services that will do the hard work for you. All you need to do is edit the text, format it appropriately, and adapt it to the tone of voice you use on your blog.
This is exactly what Moz does.
They have Whiteboard Fridays, the weekly SEO-related video series, where a member of the Moz team stands in front of a pre-drawn whiteboard and explains different SEO concepts from an original point of view. The author provides a full video transcription on the blog page. They break the text down into smaller paragraphs, add subheadings, and images from the video, as well as embed the video on the page.
Over to You
When implemented strategically, repurposing content will increase the exposure of your posts, generate higher traffic, and maximize your email list and conversions. Sure, you will need to start by optimizing your blog and leveling up your content development game, as each post you decide to repurpose needs to deliver value to your audiences.
Hope this helps!
Featured image credit: Pixabay.com
Latest posts by Raul Harman (see all)
- 5 Tips to Boost Your Company’s Cybersecurity - August 5, 2020
- Using Technology in your Business Growth Strategy - June 30, 2020
- 5 Biggest Software Benefits for your Growing Business - May 14, 2020
- 5 Ways to Use a Branded Domain Name to Promote Your Business - March 19, 2020
- How to Become an E-Commerce Project Manager - February 18, 2020