Website Design for a Gaming App Design Studio
This project was a custom website design for a development company based out of Oregon. They currently have a number of cool projects going on including two very popular Zombie gaming apps for ios and android. The client needed a responsive design that matched the look and feel of the games.
Customer specifications include a shopping cart mechanism for their merchandise, blogging features so that it can be updated by the client regularly to post news, updates, reviews, tips, tricks etc.
It needed to be able to automatically update their social media accounts as each new blog is published so we used a tool that automatically posted to their social media accounts.
We also needed to create an entire different look and feel for some of the non-zombie related product pages such as their animated web-series cartoons.
Features & Benefits
- WordPress : It was important that he could get in there regularly and edit pages, add images and add pages without having any web design experience. Building the website on the WordPress platform gives the client accessibility to tons of free resources, plug-ins and tutorials to one of the most user-friendly web design platforms on the market.
- Fully Customized Front Page: The home page was completely customized to the clients specifications. The goal was to make it look as close to the flagship games as possible.
- Front Page Slider: The front page slider needed to be prominent and easy for the the (owner or anyone else) to easily change, update and maintain on a regular basis
- Shopping Cart / PayPal Integration: This client has several other products such as stickers, shirts and more. So we needed a simple solution to feature a shop that integrates nicely with PayPal.
- Reviews and Blogs: Not only did we need to set up blogs for product reviews and for news and headlines, we needed them to also be displayed on the homepage. With a ton of customization, we were able to develop a system where the client can create the post simply check off the pages and section the post applied to with ease.
- Social Media Auto Posts: The client wanted the posts to automatically post to his social media accounts when published so we connect him up using the SNAP plug-in and save him tons of time.
- Mail Chimp Newsletter Subscribe: We needed a prominent optin for newsletter subscribers and we were able to easily integrate a MailChimp newsletter subscription box that automatically updated his MailChimp data base.
- Sub-web for Animated Series: The client also has several animated series’ and wanted to look and feel of those pages to take on a different tone but keep the same overall structure as the rest of the site. I think our website design nailed it!