Being a businesswoman, or businessman, can often be so stressful, especially if you add a family into the equation, things can get even more complicated. Work-related projects, demanding boss, and nagging clients can be annoying, but when you have house chores and kids who ask for your attention, stress sometimes gets unbearable.
Therefore, it’s important to find some ways to detox from all the stress, so you’ll be able to be more productive and fulfilled both at work and in private life. There are various ways to make that happen, so here are the five most useful that will help you unwind before (or after) a long and chaotic day at work:
1. Get physically active
Exercise gets recommended so much that it is kind of becoming a cliche, but anyone who tried working out can tell you that it’s truly the best way to relax and channel your negative energy into something that will benefit you a lot. Some workplaces offer gym memberships so if your company has such a thing, don’t hesitate to make the most of it. And if not, these are some ways to be physically active and reduce stress in your life:
- Gym — as we mentioned just now, this is the simplest and most effective way to get in shape and build your muscles. Besides, gyms are practically everywhere so you won’t have issues finding a place to exercise when coming from work. In case you don’t know where to start, it would be great to hire a personal trainer who’ll be able to show you the ropes.
- Yoga — this type of physical activity is more about stretching, mindfulness and learning how to breathe properly. So, if you don’t want to lose weight, then yoga is the perfect way to make the stress go away. Also, you don’t need to go to classes, because there are many YouTube tutorials that will help you get started.
- Running — the cheapest and most effective way to destress, especially if you have a tight schedule that doesn’t allow you to go to the gym. The best thing about running is that you can do it anytime you please, so feel free to experiment until you figure out what works for you.
2. Be with those you love
Maybe you’re truly too busy to go on vacations or spend time in cafes and clubs, but you could definitely benefit from some time off, especially if you’re dealing with a lot of work-related stress. Whether it’s having dinner with your friends, or browsing your favorite stores, having some time off will help you appreciate all the good things in your life without being overburdened with work-related stress.
If you decide to dedicate some time to the fun activities with your loved ones, you’ll realize that the best things in life aren’t always associated with work and a high paying job.
3. Spend some time by yourself
Being alone can help you unwind because sometimes, just enjoying the silence can be a huge energy boost. Even if you’re pressured by deadlines and too many projects and tasks, it’s important to find a way to get some rest and reflect.
Running a bubble bath can help you relax and get ready for bed. For more enjoyment, create a perfect soothing ambiance by picking up some tea light candles from any local store, or have them delivered straight to your door from places like Amazon, Elume, or The Botanical Candle Co.
Additionally, you can also pick up your favorite book or listen to some music, as these activities will surely help you unwind and escape your tiring routine even if only for an hour or two.
4. Know your priorities
The best way to detox from work-related stress is to firmly set your boundaries and priorities. Instead of accepting every task and project that comes your way, you need to make sure you’ll be able to do it without compromising your personal health and safety. Knowing your priorities will help you reduce the overall stress in your life, but sometimes it takes time to learn how to do it, especially when it comes to saying no to people who are accustomed to hearing you say yes to their every request. Once you learn to set boundaries and realize your true priorities, you’ll be less stressed about your work, which often means better mental health and more happiness.
5. Travel whenever you can
If you feel like your lack of free time is seriously impacting your personal life, then taking some time off to travel might be a great way to recover and plan your next business steps. You don’t need to fly to exotic locations and stay in a five-star hotel in order to get some rest.
Instead, traveling to another town or resort, and booking an apartment or staying in a cozy B&B will be more than enough. Exploring new sights and experiencing a different atmosphere can help you reevaluate your life, learn something new and, and of course, get inspired.
Detoxing from work stress isn’t an impossible task, but it’s important to be sure that it’s the right thing to do. Remember, things won’t fall apart without you, so feel free to leave your office after the working hours and turn off your phone for a bit. You don’t need to reply to all the emails as soon as you receive them.
Learning to prioritize will save you a lot of time, and besides, being away from the office can help less experienced co-workers learn and be more independent. So, feel free to run, read, have fun, because reducing stress is something you should surely do if you want to be a healthy and happy person.
Featured image credit: Unsplash.com
Latest posts by Sophia Smith (see all)
- 5 Ways to Detox from Work-Related Stress - October 15, 2019
- 5 Tips To Help You Stay Healthy In An Office Job - July 15, 2019
- How Clothes Can Affect Your Confidence and Work Performance - June 19, 2019
- 5 Essential Tips to Conquer Your Fear of Starting a Business - April 19, 2019
- 5 Essentials For Every Girlboss On-The-Go - September 12, 2018