As a WordPress Developer at Monterey Premier, you will be working with a small team made up of talented individuals from all around the world. We keep things simple using Trello, Slack, and G Suite.
This position is for someone with a solid understanding of WordPress Core & Divi. You must be familiar with creating custom plugins for advanced customer functionality requests, and possibly even built your own Divi third-party plugins. You are engaged in the open source community, and you enjoy building websites that are developed to last.
We are a US based business, and this position requires you to be available Monday through Friday during regular US business hours. Your availability during those days/times are flexible, and you can determine which days and times you will be available during each of those business days. We only ask that you coordinate schedules weekly so that we know what days and times you are available or are working on Monterey Premier projects.
The position starts as a part-time independent contractor (10-15 hours per week) with an hourly rate of $20 (DOE). Both the rate and hours are flexible DOE and may increase over time if we both determine this is the right fit for all of us.
Self-motivated problem solvers will thrive best here. Our thriving culture is based on mutual respect, trust, commitment, and integrity. These characteristics carry more weight than any abilities and skill sets.
- Be creative and contribute based on your own merit.
- Be a positive, humble and contributing member to our small team.
- Take the initiate to better yourself as a developer and to apply that knowledge to better our services and help our team succeed.
- Work directly with our clients, partners and sometimes our partners clients.
- Available Monday through Friday between 10am PST – 5pm PST.
- Complete understanding of the WordPress core software and its functions at the code level.
- Experience building WordPress themes/plugins.
- Mastery of WordPress coding and security best practices.
- WooCommerce and custom WooCommerce development
- Excellent management and organization skills, attention to detail and dedication to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)